Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome Post

Welcome everyone to my post. My name is Angel Serrano  I am a highly motivated, outgoing, positive, caring person and I go to LaGuardia Community College where my major is Civil Engineering. My educational plan is to finish college in 8 years and obtain a ph. D in Civil Engineering. My first two years will be in Laguardia, the next four will be in City College of New York where I will be getting my Masters Degree and the last two-three years will be at Columbia University in New York finishing off my college career. I'm actually also considering minoring in Math. Now my Career plans after college is a little questionable, reasons why is because I've haven't searched firms or companies that I could work for as a civil engineer. I don't plan to look into these until I've made it to City College. For my career, I have a dream of building my own bridge and to make things even bigger, I want to build a bridge that connects lower Manhattan towards Staten Island. Technology today is used a lot more than it was 20 years ago. My relationship with technology is pretty strong. I use it everyday, almost the whole day with my phone, computer, t.v., etc. I use my technology mostly for communication finding information about what is going around in the world and researching necessary/unnecessary topics and ideas sort of like a hobby. What I am most interested in College is my math classes which are Calculus one through three, Differential in Equations and Linear Algebra. I have a sense of passion for math because I love having that feeling of being able to solve difficult equations that I would think I would never solve or finding out new methods to solve equations easier. Math may be perplex, but giving it time and effort is what counts to be really outstanding and accomplished. I believe people in Laguardia do have the same relationship to technology as I do but everyone does it in many different ways. People use apps now to help them obtain information, socially communicate, etc. Apps on phone have hit really huge in today's society.I believe that reading is much more useful, well for me, because I learn a lot from reading different types of articles, books and websites. I do not write regularly with a pen but I do most of my writing on my Iphone on the notes section or on the computer and what I write about is information that is useful for me to be used later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment