Sunday, April 14, 2013

Blog Assignment #3

In my post I will be able to share with you a section out of my Professional Memo. The type of scenario that I am addressing  is the suggestion of my traffic barrier to help cause less accidents.

"A second way to slow down drivers to reduce the damage during accidents is to provide a road split blockage (Traffic Barrier) to where the yellow lanes are located in the middle. The type of traffic barriers that can be used in the middle of the street is a steel type one and look very similar to guardrails.  Since the road is a two way street, there is more of a chance that cars will crash into each other by  steering the wrong direction. These road blockage can help society because instead of having other cars causing huge accidents by hitting other cars on opposite lanes and causing severe damage and injuries, the traffic barrier will only have the driver get hurt instead of a lot of causalities." (Angel, Memo#1) 

I chose this scenario because I believe that helping out LaGuardia Campus would improve people's safety, making them not feel as scared. This section was chosen because I believe talking about this part will greatly reduce the amount of traffic accidents that happen around the campus. The company hires workers to place the steel traffic barriers in the middle of the road on Thompson Ave which will take a day to finish the whole road. What inspired me to think of this idea is the fact that there are so many other places that have steel traffic barriers in the middle lanes which really help reduce accidents. Ex: Highways. What I learn from this memo assignment is that there are so many ways to help prevent traffic problems from even becoming a problem itself. I researched 10 different ways of slowing down drivers and 10 different way to help prevent traffic damage which helped me write more. What I learned about technical writing in a professional memo is that I had to make it look like I was sending something life changing to the company, something worth changing. I had to break paragraphs into separate categories and give more of my opinions and real life facts, rather than writing for fiction based books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment